Choosing the Paint for Bathroom. Part 1
Previously, there was an opinion that the floor and the walls of the bathroom must be tiled, and the paint does not fit at all for the walls. It is supposedly harmful. Besides, it quickly cracks. In fact, now you can find the ideal waterproof paint, which is the perfect solution for the rooms with high humidity.
We selected the most suitable options and indicated their pros and cons to make it easier for you to choose the material.
Experts believe that this is an ideal paint for covering walls. It has many advantages, including:
- reasonable cost;
- ease of application;
- environmentally friendly and safe;
- quick drying;
- maintaining a bright color even when exposed to direct sunlight.
If you want to paint the walls yourself, without referring to professionals, this option is better than others. Even a beginner will cope with it and will not leave a single blotchiness. In addition, you can add any pigments to such paint to get the right shade.
Using water-based paint, you can create either glossy or matt surface, so you should carefully choose materials for the primer.
Such mixtures have been and remain one of the most popular options when it comes to the repair of the bathroom. They are considered almost the best for work in premises with high humidity due to faultless characteristics, including:
- high elasticity, due to which latex paint easily covers the cracks;
- resistance to mechanical impact;
- presentable appearance; absence of a sharp odor in the process of work, which is important not only for allergic people, but
- also for people with acute sense of smell;
- the cover that forms during the painting of walls reliably protects them from contamination; quick drying – latex paint needs a maximum of 2 hours.
This option is considered the most universal. It is well suited not only for the bathroom, but for any other room. However, it is worth mentioning that there are no components protecting from the appearance of the fungus in the composition of this paint, so after painting the wall you need to treat it with a special compound.
These compositions are water-dispersive and are considered ideal for work in the bathroom. The properties of acrylic paints distinguish them from a wide range of mixtures suitable for painting walls. These include:
- a wide range of shades – everyone can find the right one;
- water-resistant properties;
- resistance to contamination;
- ease of application during repair, which is important, if you want to paint walls without the help of specialists;
- the presence of specific, but not very sharp, smell, which does not create discomfort;
- antifungal ingredients in the composition that prevent mold from developing.
Our company Miami Bathtubs works with all the requested materials and knows like no one what is best for repairing the bathroom. If you decide to update the color of the walls, but are not sure that you will cope with it yourself – call us!