Hardwood floor in a bathroom: pros and cons
If you decided to choose a new material for finishing bathroom floor, you must have faced a number of difficulties during the preparation phase. It is not so easy to find the ideal option that is suitable for a room with high percentage of moisture. Tiles are too simple, self-leveling floors are not cheap at all.
The best option is wood. However, it has been said that it is no good for the bathroom. It is not moisture resistant, and therefore, it will not last long. But in reality, everything is a little bit different, and we will tell you why the hardwood floor in a bathroom is a good idea.
Benefits of the floors made of wood
First of all, it should be taken into account that now the material is processed not like a few years ago, so you can choose anything you like for your bathroom. It’s up to the house owner. Hardwood floor looks very natural and exquisite, besides it has a number of benefits, such as:
- it keeps the warm well. This material is characterized by low thermal conductivity, so it will not be necessary to install a heated system for the floors;
- it makes the room more comfortable and environmentally friendly. The tile, especially light, is associated with the sterility of the hospital room, but wooden floors are the first sign of home comfort;
- the wood perfectly matches with the other finishing materials, so you will have the opportunity to fulfill even the most extreme ideas.
Are there any drawbacks?
One drawback can still be distinguished. If you choose the wrongly processed wood, the moisture will eventually influence the wooden floor and some elements of the flooring will swell. Therefore, you need to choose the material carefully, and do not forget to get to know everything about the technical characteristics of the chosen material.
If you are not sure that you can choose the perfect one, we advise you to consult with a specialist.
How to prepare everything for the installation?
We do not recommend you to install the wooden panels on the floor by yourself. It is a difficult task, which only qualified specialists can cope with. However, you can help them a little, and prepare everything for the installation:
- be sure to take everything out of the bathroom. The more space you have, the easier it will be to work there;
- cover the walls and windows, if any.
Finding a company that can quickly and easily install hardwood floors will not take too much time. Just call Miami Bathtubs and we will change your bathroom. We are waiting for your call!